Monday, August 25, 2008

Still Losing

Here we go again... thought I'd update on my life the past little while. Thursday I had my Doctor's appointment which went pretty well, I asked my doctor a ton of questions about the whole process leading up to labor, the actual labor and a short period of time afterwards. We discussed options for drugs etc. I have been a little nervous about all of that since in Othello they do not offer any classes besides parenting classes which doesn't really help me at this point in time. He assured me that we would get though it without classes and gave me the names of a few books that might help any anxiety I may have. The other news not so great was that at my previous appointment I had lost 1 pound not super normal at this point in pregnancy but not anything to worry about either. Well, this appointment being only 2 weeks later I found out that I have lost 3 more pounds. This was a concern for Dr. Schroff. I told him that I totally changed my diet after having those attacks and that I was eating as much as I can of what doesn't bother me. After measuring my stomach to find I am measuring correctly, he came to the conclusion that this time It was okay to lose that weight but if the streak continues we'll have to check the baby's weight through ultrasound. So at this point in time I have gained 11 pounds my entire pregnancy and ideally I should be weighing at about 17 pounds.

Enough about that... We went to the Jack Johnson concert. It was very fun of course, however it was not the most amazing concert I have ever been to. I do not think that it helped that everyone around us was smoking marijuana and blowing it directly in my nose which of course was making me nervous and distracting me... after a while I think Chad was starting to get nervous too because he wanted to walk around which was fine with me. I was beginning to get very uncomfy sitting on the grass. My tailbone is super sensitive now days, as I am sure you can relate to if you have ever been pregnant. None-the-less I was very glad that we went and Jack Johnson still has some of the most amazing music I have ever heard!

On Saturday I went to Ephrata to visit my family and as you can see I hung out with Wesley for a bit, spent some quality time with Arianne and went to see my Grandma Chamberlain. :) GOOD TIMES!

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Don't worry Chels. I've had 3 babies and no labor classes at all. They walk you through everything in the hospital, the nurses are GRREAT. I would suggest the birthing ball though! I didn't know about it until my 3rd and just sitting on it helped ease the contractions a lot vs. lying in bed the whole time. Seriously, just watch some "Baby Story" episodes and you will be fine. Books are good too, just don't worry too much that only makes it harder and don't read all the bad stuff that makes you worry more! Anyway, how in the heck have you gained only 11 pounds - you serioulsy SUCK! JK
Be sure to pack your skinny jeans - sounds like you will be wearing them home from the hospital you little stinker!

Whitney R said...

Wow Chels.... 11 pounds. I know that your supposed to gain more. But I have the dream that I'll only gain a total of 15 by the time I birth the baby. Hah, chances aren't high, I'm sure. As long as your eating foods high in nutrition, you should be okay, I think. I thought you were still so skinny last time I saw you and I guess that was 4 pounds ago. You probably look the same from behind as you did a year ago.

Kristin said...

well aside from the loss of weight I'm glad you are feeling better! When are you due? send along your address and I'll have to find something cute to send ya! I also totally agree with Brenda, they will walk you through it at the hospital. just do whatever makes you feel better. One thing my mom told me that helped was "As soon as the baby is out the pain is gone" I just try and think that the whole time! You can make it through and as soon as he's out your done!

Jess and Carl said...

I can't believe you are still losing weight! I am glad that you are feeling better though! Only bit longer! I can say I definitely don't have the losing weight problem! It sounds like Jack Johnson was a fun experience, he truly is an amazing artist!! I hope things continue to get better in the pregnancy and I can't wait to see which name you guys decide on! That list is quite long but definitely full with some great ones!

Kris said...

chelsea you look great!!! Yea dont worry about the classes i didnt have any and labor was just fine!!! if you have ANY questions you can call anytime. but i do have to say they get easier with everyone.

The Jones Family said...

Okay, am I loosing my mind? We share our anniversary? Did we know this on our cruise? I thought we were just close... lol. We have got to get together again for another vacation! I'm so excited for you to be a mommy!

The Jones Family said...

Okay, am I loosing my mind? We share our anniversary? Did we know this on our cruise? I thought we were just close... lol. We have got to get together again for another vacation! I'm so excited for you to be a mommy!