Saturday, February 26, 2011

"Don't Run Him OVER..."

(Bath time is so fun these days they love to splash and play in the bath together. Dawson is so protective of Jett and always wipes the water out of his eyes with a towel. CUTE LITTLE BUMS!)
( Ouch! He was being run over by Dawson's car and fell and hit his eye on the car. This looks amazing compared to what it looked like before we cleaned it up. Scary.)



... or you will go to time-out!!" This is one of the many phrases that I say multiple times on a daily basis that I NEVER imagined myself having to say. My patience is running thin these days. Throughout the last nearly 11 months my boys have taken turns being what we like to call "THE STINKER" They have really never been in a stinker stage at the same time for much longer than a couple of days... that is until now. The last couple of weeks have been a bit hectic. Let me first say that Dawson constantly tells me that he "LOVES Jetter" but lately I have found Dawson sneaking in a little push, being bossy or even trying to run Jett over with his car. Jett is now needing a little more of my "fun physical attention" less of the necessities like feedings, comforting etc. and more playing and interacting. I think that Dawson feels like his territory is really now for the first time being invaded and is acting out a bit.

Jett is getting very loud and active and will be running through the house any day now. He has been taking a few steps for the last couple of weeks and I can feel it coming. He is in the "hard at church" stage where he is completely happy BUT cannot sit still and/or be quiet. He is also in the "stick EVERYTHING in your mouth" stage. In the last month I had to call poison control twice. (Side note: he now says "Dott-N (Dawson), Jett, Dada, Mom and has the cutest smile and best laugh I have ever heard)

Needless to say, my life right now is busy. I am not complaining I am venting which is helping to keep me sane at this point. Everyone is happy and healthy and we are VERY blessed that Heavenly Father has allowed us to care for two of his BEAUTIFUL children in our home. I am trying to enjoy every single moment as I feel my babies quickly changing into big boys. I am beginning to see small glimpses of the joy that we will have when the boys can more fully entertain each other rather than relying so much on me for entertainment. I feel like I wear so many hats right now with the diaper changing, clothing, cooking, feeding, cleaning, playing, entertaining, disciplining, loving, teaching, shopping, comforting, fixing etc etc etc...

3 comments:

Esther Ogden said...

You are such a good mom, Chelsea. Those boys are very blessed indeed to have such a sweet and kind (and beautiful!) mom. I'm glad you posted this...now I know what your hubby looks like! hahahhaa!

See you tomorrow! :)

Kristin said...

I loved this post, especailly when you clarify that it is "venting" and not complaining. How true it is that we need to vent sometimes to stay sane! You're boys are adorable!

Emily,Chris,Sophia,Stella said...

As a mom you do have many hats to wear. You are a very good mom. Remember to laugh and enjoy your time with you cute boys!