Monday, February 14, 2011

Lately I Have Been Thinking...



I have been thinking a lot lately about how Dawson was so young when we found out we were pregnant with Jett. Originally I wanted all of my children pretty close together and we did plan to get pregnant with Jett. Here is a picture of Dawson the day that I found out that I was pregnant. He was so tiny... thinking back I remember thinking he was bigger/older than he actually was. I had many doubts during my pregnancy that having two children so close together was a good idea. Thought of doubt came every time Dawson would run away from me or make a huge mess. Looking back I wouldn't have done it any other way! My boys are starting to play together and it is so much fun! There are definitely days where I would rather go scrape my face on the sidewalk than be a mom. It is amazing though how two tiny giggles can turn those thoughts around in a second. I am so grateful today for my two little guys. The other main concern I had when having a second so close to my first was that Dawson would not receive enough of our attention. The second photo was he and I cuddling a couple of weeks before I had Jett I remember when I saw this picture thinking that the baby was already LITERALLY coming between the two of us and thinking how my relationship with Dawson might change. I have just decided that there will always be room for more babies, more love, and the love will not be divided but will duplicate with each. Now DO NOT get me wrong here... I am going to wait a bit longer this time to have another but it is nice to know that when the time comes I will not need to worry.

3 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Just what I needed to hear. :D

The Boyce's said...

Such a sweet post! Exactly what I needed to hear right now!!!

Brenda said...

This was a very touching post Chelsea. You said it perfectly! There will always be more love. Your little family is adorable and I can't wait to watch it grow.