Thursday, November 19, 2009

It's Another BOY!!


Okay, so it is true that I was kind of hoping for a girl. The truth is that I am completely thrilled with another boy. I just need to know that eventually I will have a girl if not 2... it's just that fear that it may not happen for me. Especially because Chad's family is all boys and it seems that there are a very unusual amount of boys in his extended family as well. I LOVE MY BOY!!! I think I am a great mom to my boy! Growing up I always thought it would be neat to be a mother to all boys. Since then, I have become very close to my nieces and realized the amazing relationship that my mother, sister and I have. I would just be very sad to not have at least one girl. I guess I cannot get discouraged yet after all this is ONLY my second child right??! ANYWAY, Enough of that!
I am ecstatic that I am having a boy and he looked so cute in his little ultrasound I fell in LOVE! He was sucking on his tiny thumb right there in front of us. It was so obvious that he was a boy when she went over that area of his body... "I said it's a boy" before the technician could even say a word. She quickly confirmed with "yep it is very obvious isn't it!" Chad came to the realization that I do actually have a child inside me and I am not just using pregnancy as an excuse to gain a ton of weight! I think it was fun for him to see the baby kicking me in the ultrasound and make the connection that yes, I can feel those kicks and I am not lying to him as he cannot yet feel them.

10 comments:

Jon and Amy Duvall said...

Congrats!!! That's so awesome!! I love having a boy too. Hopefully the pregnancy will go faster for you now!

Anonymous said...

Congrats. Look at it this way, you are going to save money by not having to buy girl clothes :)

Jess and Carl said...

Congratulations! Another handsome and sweet little man! I hope time flies and you are holding him in your arms soon!

Aletha and Brian said...

Dawson will love having a brother! Yay for babies!

Kristin said...

Oh, Lady, I understand your fears. I SO wanted a boy after Dylan and then after Leila, I SO wanted a girl...We have the picture of what we want our families to be, but someone else might have a different idea! Just an example of how out of our hands things are...and that's good! I know you are a great Mom and will love two boys...and then two girls! HA!

Brenda said...

Hooray! I know all about that "wanting" for a girl, but believe me you will love having two boys so close together and not wish it any other way. Having 2 brothers as playmates into the same things is GREAT!!! Plus when that little girl decides to come she will have 2 big brothers to look out for her - how perfect will that be! Congrats Chad, Chelsea & Dawson!!! Now you gotta share some NAMES with us!!!

Todd and Shana said...

Just reading this made me so excited for you, Chelsea! You really are a great mom to Dawson. Can't wait to meet your new little man.

Velvet said...

You really are pregnant. Im excited for another cute little boy.

GSGC StrongFamily said...

Congrats! That is so fun- I'm sure the 2 boys will be best buds!!!

Emily,Chris,Sophia,Stella said...

Congrats!! They are going to be best buddies. I know my girls are.