Friday, April 16, 2010

Surprise Natural Labor & Appendicitis A Week Apart


Some of you may not have heard but I went in to meet with Doctor Bunch for Jett's one week follow-up. I asked him if he might take a quick look at me as I was having a horrible pain in my stomach. He had me lay on the table and he pressed in many different locations finding that the pain was only in one small area... good news right??! NO! Not good news at all! That area just happened to be the lower right hand side of my stomach they immediately sent me to have a CT scan at the hospital and shortly there after I was admitted for an appendectomy... It seems that things are just happening very quickly and unexpectedly for me these days at least medically. So Wednesday I had surgery and I am very sad as I have not really had a chance to enjoy my boys. Even now that I have come home I am unable to care for them... this is a very frustrating moment for me and I just feel like crying. People have been so amazing and willing to help out but I wish I could just be a mom. THE GOOD NEWS... My sister and I both had our first ever surgeries on the exact same day and were able to talk each other through it afterwards over the phone. Hers was more fun than mine, her surgery resulted in holding her baby for the first time and mine resulted in me not being able to care for mine.

3 comments:

Shellie said...

That is all so crazy! Hope you recover soon.

Laurel Criddle said...

Seriously crazy! I'm so sorry you had to go through that....but you're done! Hurray! I hope you are enjoying your little one now. I'm sure Chad is a champ at helping as much as he can.

Jess and Carl said...

Oh hun, I hope you have healed up nicely and are back to caring for your babies, I know the feeling of not being able to be the main caretaker and it's so hard! So sorry you had to go through that, but grateful you had your sister with you through it all! Loves hun!