Saturday, August 29, 2009

Events This Past Week




Chad just informed me that it has been a while since my last blog... the truth is not much has been happening. My sister came up from Utah for my grandma's funeral and brought two of her kids Gavin and Kambria (Brynlee & Brian we missed you!). They just left today and I am so sad! I spent the week in Ephrata with her and other her family members in and out the entire week. I was able to spend time with some cousins that I have not seen in quite some time. That part was great despite the fact that I was missing my little hubby! He worked all week (and was very successful in getting some good accounts all week - Good job babe!) while I played with my family.



My grandma's funeral was very nice. My cousin Wendy called me the day before and asked me to sing with her for the service since we both grew up with a great interest in music and singing. We practiced and things were sounding pretty good even while singing through a nasty cold... I was feeling pretty confident. We got up for our special musical number "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" and I couldn't even get through my first verse (SORRY WENDY) My voice immediately began to quiver and I'd let out a sob even stopping completely at times. The runny nose that comes with a nasty cold didn't help my situation any either. Ugh... Sorry grandma, I thought I could get through it for you. Anyway we snapped a few photos after the service at the little dinner that we had out at my uncle Glenn's home and at the graveside.



All in all it was a pretty decent week just not a whole lot to blog about.



PS. Dawson has been taking a few steps at a time for the past couple weeks but today he took six steps while trying to grab a snack from his Grandpa Dan... Dan and I were the only witnesses since then he has been taking a few steps here and there but so far six is the record.

3 comments:

Aletha and Brian said...

Thanks for spending time with us! We had a great trip!

Velvet said...

Thanks Chad for letting us have Chelsea this past week. Miss you Chels.

Kasi French said...

Love you.