Sunday, September 6, 2009

Our Cute Little Monster




"HECTIC" is the word that describes my life best at the moment. Every time I sit down after putting Dawson down for a nap I take a deep breath and think to myself "Can he get any more crazy than he is right now?". Once he is down you would think I should probably take a little rest for myself... but it is time to start cleaning up after the many messes that Dawson has made only after that point I can begin the daily upkeep stuff that is expected of a stay at home mother (laundry, dishes etc.) if there is any time remaining after that point I make myself just sit and watch some mindless TV and maybe eat something. It is funny because when he is crawling around knocking things over, pulling things out of cupboards, pulling down DVDs, eating something that he clearly shouldn't be eating off of the floor and many more destructive things I am wishing it was time for a nap. It never fails... before he wakes up I miss him, and sometimes I'll even open his door and turn the music up high to get him to wake up. Another thing that drives me crazy but that is so stinking cute and that I never want to forget is when you start walking towards him (especially when he is doing something wrong) he gets the BIGGEST and CUTEST smile you have ever seen and just takes off crawling faster than I have ever seen anyone crawl I genuinely have a hard time catching up to him. Also he will be walking any day the other day he took ten steps... oh he's growing up so fast. Being a mother is the most amazing thing in the world... very challenging at times but absolutely the most rewarding job I have ever had! I LOVE YOU my sweet little DESTRUCTIVE monster and I always will no matter how CRAZY you are!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

SOOOOO true! He is beautiful!

Velvet said...

He is a cute little monster. I know what you mean about that huge smile. He'll get away with a lotta stuff with a smile like that.