Monday, September 7, 2009

Fantasy Draft Frenzy







As most of you know my husband Chad is the biggest sports freak I have ever met or even heard of! Every year he does fantasy football and this year was no exception. In fact he is in 3 different fantasy leagues one for family one for friends and one for Parker's friends. On Sunday they had their live draft online Chad and his family have been looking forward to this moment since last season and if you think that this would be a fun thing to do... it's not! This is serious business in this family. So when Chad got on the phone with his brother Parker prior to the draft I was laughing so hard at the serious nature of their conversation... some of the things that Chad was saying were just PURE RIDICULOUSNESS. So being the loving wife that I am I decided to document this conversation at least on Chad's end to prove to him how silly this really gets from and outside perspective. Now I must warn... Chad is so into this fantasy stuff he tends to bring out a few fake swear words... I must reiterate that this transcript is word for word exactly how it was said. I am not exaggerating at all... keep in mind this is serious business even though it will be a little hard to believe. So here is how it all went:

"I cannot believe it is finally here!"
"When the time for action has come, the time for preparation has
passed."
"I want to be talking to you for at least the next three minutes so that we
can make some last minute analyses."
"Oh my gosh!! Less than 2 minutes less AHHHH!" (screaming like a
girl)
"This is where it all matters"
"Down to 15 seconds Snickahs" (one of Parker's many nicknames)
"10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1 AHHHH!!!" (screaming like a
girl)
"Come on stupid YAHOO!!"
"Screw you Park!"
"SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP don't tell me! I don't want to know until I can
see it for myself!!!"
"OH MY GOSH!! OH MY GOSH!! OH MY GOSH!! I GOT THE FIRST PICK... OH MY
GOSH!!!"
"Oooh and Jim got second pick again."
"How embarrassing for you!"
"I cannot believe that I am number
one! SHOCKING! HOHOHO!"
So... Yeah I know it's hard to believe but true... this is what I live with. Needless to say I cannot wait for the Superbowl as that is my celebration of the end of football season. Side note: Chad asked me who I thought he should pick first... like I would have any suggestion... but I quickly said Tom Brady as I pretty much have a huge crush on him I think you can probably understand why... He said he went with "A.P", whoever that is... I am sure he is not as CUTE as TOM so it's probably not the best choice he's ever made!

4 comments:

Velvet said...

Gotta give it to him, the guy has passion!

Jon and Amy Duvall said...

HAHA!! That commentary was so dang funny. I can just picture it. I laughed so hard the entire time. Good luck!

Jess and Carl said...

Haha... so funny and AP is Adrian Peterson! :) Amazing player, we have his authentic jerseys... seriously a total stud! Great choice Chad! :)

Heatherbether said...

I feel your pain Chelsea!