Monday, March 15, 2010

My Dad Should Be Proud







My Grandma always had a million plants in her house when I was growing up and she loved one kind in particular... the Christmas Cactus. It seemed like she had an entire collection of just those. She passed on this last year and I think that most of her children and grandchildren have been given a start from her plants. I received mine from my parents when I got married 4 years ago. I DO NOT HAVE A GREEN THUMB!! I have tried really hard to just keep this one alive since it is very special to me... but in the last year it has really grown and in fact it has started to bloom!! AHHH! I am so excited! My dad has a few of these plants and does really well with them, I think that he will be proud!

4 comments:

Velvet said...

Wow Chelsea. The plant looks great. Good job .g

Shellie said...

Oh, that is exciting. I have one of those too, but can't seem to get it to bloom. Any tips? How much light? Water?

Chad, Chelsea, Dawson and Jett Davis said...

I have mine by natural light in the window and I water it a couple of times a week... growing up I remember my dad putting it into a dark room for a while and then bringing it out and that made it bloom a ton more... I don't know all the details about it though. I am not an expert that is for sure... This is the first time I have had a bloom... it does look like I will have about 7 more though. They are all on the side that was facing the window if that helps at all??

Chad, Chelsea, Dawson and Jett Davis said...

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf172932.tip.html

I just googled this and this site has some good advice.