Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Day Number 5 With Our Sweet Boy

Okay, So as you can see I attempted to take a couple pictures of Dawson today... I have to tell you the story about the picture above... I have decided that I cannot take pictures of an infant all on my own... I am used to having the parent there to help me in keeping them in place and happy... So first of all I didn't want to haul out all of my lights and equipment so I decided to just use window light until I have some help from my mom or sister... AH!! Okay so I am thinking oh, I'll just get a couple shots and call it good... first thing he does when I pulled out my camera is wake up which is not what I was looking for... then he doesn't like being naked so he begins to cry and what happens when babies cry when they are naked... they pee everywhere... then he spits up... so needless to say I only got like 3 shots before giving up... I'll definitely do more later but for now no more going solo on the portraits... Just thought the shot was a little funny :)

Things have actually been going very well! The first 2 nights were a little hard but, last night my little baby Dawson did so awesome!! He is finally being satisfied by my milk which makes him fall asleep right after nursing... so we went to bed at 11:30 and he woke up at 3 ate, got a diaper change fell back asleep, and woke up again at 6 ate, got another diaper change and fell asleep again. We woke up for the day at 8 I fed him and then we took a nap until 10:30. I am such a proud mommy!! He is so stinkin' cute I just cannot get over how much I love this kid. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE HIM!!! Thanks again to everyone who has helped us out through all of this. All the meals that we have received through the church relief society women and people stopping by have been really great. Love you all! Oh and please pray for me as I feel tomorrow is going to be a tough day... little Dawson is being circumcised. Luckily, my wonderful mother will being coming to stay with us for a couple nights to help out... perfect timing! Yikes!

9 comments:

Whitney R said...

Awwe, the picture is cute! I love the blue ribbon. He's so cute :) I want one!!!!

Uh oh.. I hear it's pretty hard on the mommies when their babies are circumcised. I don't know if you'll want to be in the room. Good luck. It's great your mom will be there. You will need her!

Brenda said...

He is so cute! Love Him too!!! You may get lucky on tomorrow's prodedure. Landon never did cry, but he did pee all over the Dr.! I think he figured the Dr. had it coming!!! I wasn't in the room when they did either of my boys I just nursed them as soon as they were done and all was well. I think they numb them a little now too... It will be so fun having your mom their. I look forward to some great pics.

Laurel Criddle said...

I've been waiting for pictures! He is sooo precious! So funny about taking photos of him. You will have a lifetime to get in some great photos! Sounds like he is sleeping nicely! yay!!! Sleep!!!! Be prepared for the circumcision! It will look worse than he feels so no worries! Lots of vaseline! :) Good Luck!

Laurel

Todd and Shana said...

We were sooo lucky, they did Garrett's circ in the hospital! No time to stress over it! I'm sure he'll be fine, especially when he's back with mama and being fed!

Now I don't feel so bad over Lauren being such a stinker when we tried to get her pics at 5 days...except that I was supposed to be the super helpful mom :) You still got some good ones though. He's such a cutie! I was just talking to Todd the other day about the whole first time "we have a baby" feeling...now it's been almost 5 years! Crazy!

Jon and Amy Duvall said...

Do not go in the room with Dawson when he gets circumsized. You will torture yourself. Jacob did great after being circumsized, I don't think it bothers them NEARLY as much as it bothers mommies. Anyway, good luck! It will work out great. He looks so adorable. That picture is so cute with the ribbon!

Kristin said...

oh Chelsea! I am so happy for you! Little boys can do a number on a mama's heart! welcome to the world where NO ONE cooperates the way you imagined! he sounds like he is doing great though. As for the "procedure" he won't remember a thing and I don't remember Dyl having any pain after the fact. GOOD LUCK!

The Black's said...

You sure have a cute little guy there. Enjoy every moment because they grow up too fast. Good luck tomorrow. I always nursed my babies after and it soothed them. He sure is a keeper.

Unknown said...

cute clothes! I think i'll have to come and see him again!

Kevin and Eliza said...

Congratulations! He is adorable. I'm so glad that the labor and delivery went well for you. I hope the circumcision went well.