Wednesday, October 15, 2008

TOMORROW HOPEFULLY!

Just to update everyone, at my appointment yesterday my doctor told me that I was only dilated to about a 2 but that I was almost completely thinned out or "effaced" whatever that means so he said he would have gone ahead and taken me into the hospital last night but that there were too many people and not enough rooms available... so he "stripped me" (very uncomfy) and he set me up another appointment for tomorrow (Thursday Oct. 16) at which he will see how far I have progressed and he will most likely send me over to the hospital unless there are still not enough rooms... and try to get things moving. Please pray that he will just take me tomorrow... I cannot wait to hold my precious baby!

Oh the other things was that last night I totally thought I was in labor I woke up at 1 a.m. and thought oh man another contraction and they are getting uncomfortable... so it happened again and i thought to myself that seemed pretty close together so I walked out to the living room sat down and turned on CSI. I began to time them... they were about 5 minutes apart but were not very painful so I just sat there and timed for about 20 minutes each of them were very consistent from start to start so I woke Chad up and had him time them with me, again they stayed very consistently at 5 minutes apart. I called my mom (thank goodness I have an awesome nurse for a mother) she told me to wait a bit longer to see if they got more painful and to also call the OB department at KGH, so... I did. I called them they told me to take a bath and drink some water and if they stayed consistent or got worse to come in after about 2 hours. So I took a bath they seemed to stay consistent except a little less prominent so I decided that I would try to sleep (which really didn't happen) but I figured I'd only leave if something really drastic happened i.e. hard contractions/water breaking etc. Anyway nothing happened so... I just got up this morning and went to work. I am working on no sleep but I figure I will go crazy if I stay home... I came home for my lunch break and decided I should let everyone know what's up.

SO, HOPEFULLY WE'LL HAVE A BABY TOMORROW!! I will be so sad if they send me away!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Tomorrow - heck how about tonight! I'm sure he wants to cuddle you too! How exciting for you and Chad! You won't believe the feeling when you first hold him in your arms. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Good Luck!

Jon and Amy Duvall said...

Please let us know! We want to come visit you in the hospital if we can!

Whitney R said...

BABY!!! I'm SO SO excited!

I have been thinking about you all day today wondering.. did she have him? Or is it soon? I think it's soon...

I hope they don't turn you away either. Effacement is thinning of the cervix. :D I just learned that today!!

Oh, and what colors/theme are you doing in your nursery? I have an idea that I'd like to do for you, but I don't know if you guys will like it. I'll send you an email TODAY. Because sounds like you'll be busy for the next couple of days :)

Chad, Chelsea, Dawson and Jett Davis said...

Whit - Our colors are Brown, Blue and celery green. I have some Lion stuff that totally goes with my "theme".

Anonymous said...

Chelsea!! I hope since we didnt hear another blog today that it means you're in the hospital havin that little man!! let us all know how it goes! Stef and i wanna come visit you whenever ur ready for visitors at home!!! Good luck with all! its such a wonderful experience!

Jen Mylonas