Saturday, October 18, 2008

A New Davis, Hooray!






Okay, so I am sure many of you have heard that we had our sweet little man I had my doctor appointment at 10:15 a.m. and Dr. Schroff checked me and I was at a 3 and almost completely effaced. We knew that there may be a chance of going into the hospital to be induced since the appointment before, I had basically begged to be induced and he almost took me then but the hospital was full. So he told me that the hospital would call me in when my room was ready so... they did they called me at about 1:30 p.m. I arrived there are 2:00 p.m. they induced me at 3:30 p.m. I began to go into some very painful labor at 8:30 p.m. I received my epidural at 9:15 p.m. (which was amazing btw) and immediately dilated to an 8 completely effaced. My mom showed up and we played some uno and watched some tv, at about 11:30p.m. they went to call my doctor to come over to break my water while they were calling him my water broke and I was almost immediately ready to deliver. Dr. Schroff showed up a little after midnight and we began to do some pushing. At this point I was excited because I had no pain and my baby was almost here. I only had to push for 35-45 minutes and my sweet baby arrived at 12:44 a.m. on Friday October 17, 2008. We named him Dawson Foster Davis he weighed 7 lbs 3oz. and was 19 inches long. We had a few visitors at the hospital and it was really great to see everyone! They sent us home this morning and we are very happy to be home but I am a little nervous to not have any nurses to remind me to take meds and to feed my baby so hopefully things will be alright :) The following link is to a video that Chad's grandpa made from their visit to the hospital. http://video.yahoo.com/watch/3733821?fr=yvmtf

19 comments:

Aletha and Brian said...

Ooohhhh, I LOVE HIM!!! So glad he is here, safe and sound...and VERY HANDSOME! You look GREAT too! Can't wait to hold the little guy. Congratulations!!!

Todd and Shana said...

What a little cutie! I'm so glad everything went well. Todd was calling your mom to hurry and send out pictures this afternoon. Hopefully we'll get a chance to come see you this week! Let us know if there's anything we can do! He's ADORABLE!

Brenda said...

Congrats Chelsea & Chad! He is so sweet. I am so happy everything went well. Enjoy him!!!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!!! I am so excited for you both. You will be the perfect mommy and I expect you to sing him to sleep every day. And...how do you look so wonderful after just having a baby?
Love you, Nadine Adams

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! He is a cutie. He weighed the same as Wyatt!! What day was he born? I love the name!

Amanda said...

He looks so little! But so dang cute too! Congrats guys!

Kristin said...

CONGRATS! You're a MAMA! He looks very handsome! So happy for you guys!

Unknown said...

yay! since your last post I have been checking in to see if he decided to show his sweet face! What a sweetheart. Chad looks like a proud papa!

congratulations!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats! He is a little cutie pie. Thanks for letting us know.
Jared & Angie Witters

Ashley said...

Congrats!! He is adorable! Definitely looks like a Davis as far as I can tell!! I'm so excited for you! What a wonderful blessing in your lives! :)

Whitney R said...

Oh my. He is so sweet! I watched the video. I'm so excited for you!

I can't wait to meet him at Christmas. And I love the name.

I'm glad to hear that after the epidural you weren't in pain. And that you played Uno. haha.

He is beautiful!

Jess and Carl said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you two! He is adorable! I am glad everything went smoothly and hope you are feeling great and adjusting quickly to the new addition!

Laurel Criddle said...

Congrats!!!! He is a beautiful newborn! (not very common!) Sounds like everything went smoothly. Isn't Dr. Schroff da man? I LOVE HIM! I LOVE the name too! Good choice! You both will be wonderful parents!

Laurel Criddle

Black Family said...

YAY! Congrats I am so glad all went smoothly and your beautiful baby is here!

Garnet said...

Welcome to the fam little Dawson! And by the way, I'm so happy that you chose to arrive on my birthday just as I predicted. Congrats Chelsea and Chad! Now go and get some sleep while you can.

Jon and Amy Duvall said...

He's so beautiful! Congratulations! What a blessing. We're so happy for you both!

Velvet said...

It was wonderful to be able to
share in the first moments of
little Dawson's life. He is beautiful. You are already great parents. It will soon be time to
teach him to cross his eyes. its tradition you know :)

The Rockin Hahns said...

Congratulations! Let me know if you need anything, I am not far away and am home all day everyday.
Melissa

Kari said...

OK I feel like a total stalker, but I just wanted to say congratulations to you and Chad. He is adorable!